Event agency PREFERENCE EVENTS can organise your conventions, seminars and board meetings in Aix-en-Provence.
After a 3-hr high-speed train ride from Paris, visiting Aix-en-Provence is like travelling back in time.
Bathed in light and a gentle climate, Aix-en-Provence reveals its elegance in its lively streets and squares. Daily life here involves the pleasures of markets where the fragrance of Provence wafts, and its noble heritage, the simple joys of pavement cafés and the beautiful architecture, the strolls through the city and its baroque wonders. Aix-en-Provence is ranked third in France for its baroque architecture, outdone only by Paris and Versailles.
Organising a seminar or incentive trip in Aix-en-Provence provides an opportunity for guests to explore the place d’Albertas, the Mazarin quarter, Saint-Sauveur cathedral, the Granet Museum, Cézanne’s workshop and the Cours Mirabeau running through the heart of the city. The Festival d’Art Lyrique takes place every year in July, forming an impressive backdrop against which to organise a prestigious trip, press trip or board meeting.
The vineyards, hilltop villages and Sainte-Victoire mountain outside the city form an excellent arena for organising original team-building activities and fostering team spirit.
With an expanding range of hotels, Aix-en-Provence is now in a position to host corporate events of average size, in a warm and friendly setting.
Whether you want to learn about Cézanne or Calisson sweets, Aix-en-Provence is a setting brimming with gastronomy and culture. Relaxation and exploring will both feature in your seminar or convention with tours of the city or hiking the trails on Sainte-Victoire mountain.
Accomodation in Aix-en-Provence
To accommodate those participating in your seminar, board meeting or annual conference in Aix-en-Provence, you have several solutions depending on the number of participants:
- A few hotels have the room capacity and meeting facilities suitable for company seminars and incentive trips of average size (Hôtel Renaissance, Grand Hôtel du Roi René etc.)
- Aix-en-Provence has some smart establishments for small VIP groups such as the Villa Gallici and Le Pigonnet.
- Charming hotels/bastides with views of the vineyards can cater to small groups seeking a friendly, charming setting (Les Lodges Sainte Victoire, Hôtel Cézanne etc.)
Things to do in Aix-en-Provence
- Aix-en-Provence is a perfect venue in a natural setting for your corporate stay or VIP event:
- Hikes with a special theme
- Walks through the vineyards
- Incentive activities: Rally in 2CVs, treasure hunt etc.
- Œnology lesson/wine-tasting
- Nautical activities on the beach in Cassis
- Sports activities (tennis, golf etc.)
- Provence-style cookery classes
- Tour of the Vasarely Foundation or Granet museum
- Walking in Cézanne’s footsteps
Evening receptions in Aix-en-Provence
- Party in an exclusively-booked lounge in the city
- Master chef party: Cookery classes and tasting session
- Pre-dinner drinks and buffet dinner on a beach near Aix-en-Provence
- Dinner and show in a bar-restaurant
- Party in a private club
- Organisation of a gala night in an exclusively-booked historic building
Organised by event agency PREFERENCE EVENTS
Late morning arrival – Lunch on a vineyard terrace – Bicycle ride through the vineyards – Wine-tasting – Free time on the Cours Mirabeau – Dinner in a foodie restaurant
Tour of a Calissons sweet factory followed by a cookery class – Lunch in a typical Provence-style restaurant and session tasting the calissons made– Rally on a theme of “Scents and flavours in Aix country" - Dinner and show in a restaurant in the city
Brunch - Relaxing at the Thermes Sextius spa – Departure for a rally in 2CVs – Picnic in style watching the sunset – Back to the hotel in 2CVs – Gala night in a private bastide
Walking in Paul Cézanne’s footsteps – Lunch - Departure - End of the trip to Aix-en-Provence.