PREFERENCE EVENTS, event agency can organise corporate seminars and winter sports incentive trips in the mountains. skiing in the alps: the ultimate incentive destination.
The whole world envies our ski area which is the most extensive and varied in the world Catering to families or athletes, in casual or jet-set style, the southern and northern Alps boast the largest ski areas and the most famous resorts. Resorts in the Pyrenees are developing but remain hard to reach. For an exotic touch, you might choose a resort such as Gstaad, Verbier or Crans-Montana in Switzerland, Kitzbühel in Austria, Kranjska Gora in Slovenia or Kolasin in Montenegro for example.
For the organisation of a seminar, board meeting or incentive trip departing from Paris, the resorts of Chamonix, La Clusaz, Megève (1-hr drive from Geneva airport) and Alpe d’Huez (1hr from Grenoble) are the most accessible.
In summer and winter alike, the mountains are a great setting for organising sports or team-building activities, especially propitious to forging team spirit and experiencing an adventure together.
The development of hotel capacity in winter sports resorts ensures excellent conditions for the organisation of your corporate events in the mountains: incentive trips with a skiing theme, conventions and AGMs, board meetings, company seminars in the mountains, and so on.
Organising a stay or seminar in the mountains is a sure-fire success. The Alpine atmosphere, roaring fireplaces, comforting fondue and raclette cheese dishes and winter sports are all particularly suitable especially for team building and staff motivation.
Accommodation in the Mountains
- French winter sports resorts have many, mainly 4-star hotels, with meeting areas for organising conventions, AGMs or company seminars. There are also plenty of rooms available at the city Congress Centres.
- Some resorts, especially Courchevel, Megève and Méribel, offer very up-market accommodation in the form of 5-star luxury hotels. These are highly suitable for the organisation of smart events for VIP groups.
- Lastly, many charming hotels, often chalets, of average capacity, can host small groups on incentive trips.
Things to do in the Mountains
The mountain offers a wide range of entertaining and athletic incentive activities in all seasons, with a focus on skiing and snow sports in winter.
- Snow challenge
- Alpine or cross-country skiing
- Walking or an introduction to climbing, on the Sea of Ice (Chamonix)
- Introduction to hockey on ice
- Team building: biathlon or snow Olympics
- Snow Olympics challenge
Evening receptions in the Mountains
Most winter sports resorts are very festive, with a lively atmosphere both night and day. Most mountain resorts have many possibilities for a wonderful company reception.
- Dinner in a restaurant serving Alpine delicacies
- Dinner in a lounge restaurant with DJ entertainment
- Organisation of a reception in a mountain refuge, sledding back to the hotel afterwards.
- Organisation of a traditional party in a typical inn
- Organisation of a party in an igloo village or in teepees, depending on the resort.
Organised by event agency PREFERENCE EVENTS
Arrival in Geneva airport – Seminar at the hotel - Lunch in a traditional Chamonix restaurant – Ski lift to the Aiguille du Midi Skywalk, to "Step into the Void” - Skiing back down in mini-groups with a guide through the White Valley - “Trapper” theme party in a chalet
Morning snowshoeing - Giant tartiflette lunch (typical Alpine comfort food with cheese, bacon and potatoes) - Afternoon team building: “Snow sport challenge" - Cocktail party at the exclusively-booked Montenvers railway station and departure in a vintage train for the mountains - Dinner at the Montenvers refuge on the Sea of Ice - Party with DJ entertainment
Seminar morning at the hotel - Buffet lunch - Free time and departure - End of the trip to the Alps.