Event agency PREFERENCE EVENTS can organise your firm’s seminars, conventions, incentive trips and team-building activities in Marseille.
Earning the “European Capital of Culture” title in 2013, Marseille is forging ahead with its metamorphosis. A beautiful promenade has been built on the old port, a smart 5-star hotel has opened on the hillside and the Musée des Civilisations (MUCEM) has been inaugurated. This all adds to Marseille’s appeal as a destination for corporate seminars and incentive trips, now a far cry from the traditional “Old port, Canebière, pétanque and Pastis” clichéd view of the city.
The “Cité phocéenne” as Marseille is also known, affords superb panoramas taking in the Palais du Pharo and the city walls of the Vieux Port from the Corniche and the basilica Notre Dame de la Garde. There’s a lively atmosphere when the legendary Olympique de Marseille football club plays at home, at the Orange Vélodrome. Outside the city, the beaches and turquoise waters of the Calanques are a magnificent venue for incentive activities, while treasure hunts and other original team-building activities may be organised on the Frioul archipelago near the Château d’If where the Count of Monte Cristo still casts a shadow.
Marseille is above all a city where the living is easy, highly suitable for organising a corporate seminar, convention, board meeting or incentive trip. It provides an opportunity for your guests to learn about the art of living to the musical pace of the Mediterranean coastline. Your corporate seminar, board meeting, convention or incentive trip to Marseille is bound to be a success!
Being easy to reach (3-hr high-speed railway connection or 1-hr flight from Paris), with good hotel capacity, a Mediterranean climate, a gentle art of living and recent refurbishments make Marseille a destination worth consideration for the organisation of a convention, corporate seminar or incentive trip.
Accommodation in Marseille
There are hotels of all sizes and categories in the town centre, on the outskirts and on the sea front. They are perfectly suitable for organising a corporate event (convention, seminar, board meeting, press trip, incentive or team building).
- A lovely 5-star Luxury hotel, Hôtel Intercontinental, for VIP groups or the organisation of a board meeting.
- Another 5-start hotel, the Sofitel, affords a stupendous view of the old port and fortifications.
- A few 4-star establishments, perfectly suitable for organising seminars with many meeting rooms (the Novotel, the Radisson and last but not least, the Pullman located facing the sea on the Corniche).
- A few small, luxury or trendy boutique hotels: the hotel C2, the New Hôtel, the Petit Nice Passedat.
Things to do in Marseille
In Marseille, the soul of Provence and the sea will be the main theme of activities organised. Our agency has designed a few original, entertaining incentive programmes combining team building and exploring to usefully round off the programme of your seminar, convention or company trip.
- Cruise in the Calanques
- Regatta yachting, with a nautical challenge
- Catamaran cruise
- Excursion in SUVs or 2CVs
- Marseille Olympics on the Frioul archipelago
- Cookery classes to learn how to make Bouillabaisse (fish stew typical of Marseille)
- Rally through the old Panier district
Evening receptions in Marseille
- Beach party in a beachside lounge restaurant
- Bouillabaisse dinner in a beach restaurant
- Cocktails and buffet dinner cruising through the Calanques
- Organisation of a glamorous reception in an exclusively-booked museum or the former docks
- Organisation of a gala night beneath the Château d’If
Organised by event agency PREFERENCE EVENTS
Arrival in Marseille - Introduction to the company convention - Lunch at the seminar hotel – AGMs in plenary sessions at the Palais du Pharo, attended by a famous Olympique de Marseille coach - Departure in a boat for a cocktail party cruising in the Calanques - Dinner with DJ entertainment in an exclusively-booked restaurant
Convention in plenary sessions - Lunch - Organisation of a team-building activity: "The Vieux Panier challenge" with a penalty shoot-out and pre-dinner drinks to accompany a pétanque match - Departure in a boat for a gala night at the Château d’If
Tour of the new Orange Vélodrome stadium - Lunch- Departure - End of the company trip to Marseille.