Event agency PREFERENCE EVENTS can organise your conventions, company seminars and incentive trips in Bordeaux.
Located between vineyards and the Atlantic ocean, Bordeaux was listed as UNESCO World Heritage site in 2007. The listed area includes many protected buildings in classic and neo classic style, making it an appealing destination at which to organise your next corporate seminar or incentive trip in the vineyards. Prime examples of Bordeaux heritage are the majestic Pey-Berland tower, Saint-Pierre-Saint-Paul-et-Saint-André cathedral, the historic centre of old Bordeaux, built during the Age of Enlightenment. The centre makes for a pleasant walk and is highly propitious to the organisation ofincentive and team-building activities.
Above all, Bordeaux represents an art of living geared around wine-growing and the great wines of the region. As a starting point to follow the wine route, and taste its legendary appellations, Bordeaux is a major destination in France at which to organise your corporate event, seminar, convention, AGM, roadshow, board meeting or team-building event.
Bordeaux’s authentic charm, reachability (flights from Paris take just 1hr!), and the possibility of organising specific incentive and team-building activities all make it a premium destination in France at which to organise a corporate event (seminar, convention, board meeting, team building or roadshow).
Accommodation in Bordeaux
Bordeaux has a few hotels suitable for organising a convention or corporate seminar but above all there are plenty of luxury and charming hotels suitable for VIP stays and small groups.
- 5-star hotels ideal for organising board meetings, reward trips or smart events (Grand Hôtel de Bordeaux, Hôtel Burdigala Mgallery, Les Sources de Caudalies etc.).
- 4-star seminar hotels with meeting rooms that are perfectly suitable for organising company seminars, conventions, AGMs, roadshows (Pullman, Mercure etc.)
- Many charming châteaux hotels reserved for the organisation of small events, mainly in the neighbouring vineyards.
Things to do in Bordeaux
Activities in Bordeaux will be geared around its historic architecture and wine-growing heritage. You can design incentive programmes and team-building activities typical of Bordeaux to enhance your corporate seminar.
- Segway rally to explore districts and historic monuments in the city
- Team-building activity: individual lessons at the wine school to make your own Bordeaux wine and tasting session
- Bicycle rides along the quayside
- Cruise on the Garonne
- Team-building activity: cycling through the vineyards
- Œnology lesson introducing the great wines of Bordeaux
- On the Bordeaux wine route: Excursion in the Saint-Émilion vineyards
- Excursion to the Dune of Pilat
Evening receptions in Bordeaux
Receptions in Bordeaux will mainly be geared around the cultural heritage of the city and nearby châteaux. Whether you opt for something distinguished or less formal, the reception during your incentive trip, seminar or convention will certainly be memorable.
- Jazz party in an exclusively-booked restaurant in the city
- Culinary workshop: lesson on the pairing of dishes with Bordeaux wine, followed by a tasting session
- Dinner in a lounge restaurant in the city to taste culinary specialities typical of the south-west of France (Pauillac suckling lamb, Bordeaux-style rib steak, Cannelé pastries etc.)
- Organisation of a glamorous reception at the Grand Theatre, Bordeaux
- Organisation of a gala night in a Bordeaux château.
Découvrez nos derniers événements à Bordeaux :
Organised by event agency PREFERENCE EVENTS
Early morning arrival at your seminar hotel - Plenary meeting sessions – Lunch – Team-building activity: wine-making challenge in teams (grape pressing, assembling barrels, bottling workshop etc.) – Dinner cruise on the Garonne
Seminar morning at the hotel - Afternoon exploring the great wine appellations - Departure for “the wine route", equipped with a road book, taking in wine estates such as Margaux, Saint-Julien, Pauillac, Saint-Estèphe, Mouton Rothschild and Latour. Stopover in a château, where a welcoming wine-grower will show participants round the winehouse, explain about the work in the vineyard and the different varieties - Back at the hotel in late afternoon - Departure in a boat, cocktail party on board, then arrival at the château where the gala night is to be held
Seminar morning at the hotel - Foodie meal in a Bordeaux vineyard – Departure – End of trip to Bordeaux.