Event agency PREFERENCE EVENTS. Organisation of eco-friendly seminars in Camargue.
Shaped by water, salt and the way the wind blows, Camargue lies at the gateway to
Provence. Its protected wildlife includes colonies of pink flamingos, bulls and wild horses, to be admired during your seminar on a “nature” theme. These rare encounters contribute to the exotic nature of this wild scenery, the most stunning of backdrops for your corporate seminar or incentive trip.
Located between two arms of the Rhône delta (the grand Rhône towards the south-east, the petit Rhône towards the south-west) Camargue is a vast wetland of around 100,000 hectares, the largest in France and also one of the most secretive. There are three distinct zones, with farmland to the north of the delta, salt marshes to the west and east and lagoons in the south.
In this nature reserve, people live alongside the horses, bulls and birds, communing with nature. It is also a wonderful setting for organising team-building activities during a seminar or incentive trip. Camargue perpetuates herding traditions to breed the horses and bulls, under the careful supervision of the rangers.
This natural habitat has protected status as a nature reserve. There are several friendly, often atypical establishments in the Natural Regional Park, where you can organise original incentive activities that will make your seminar, convention or company trip in Camargue truly stand out as an event like no other.
Camargue provides a beautifully preserved natural setting that’s perfect for organising a seminar or company trip on a “nature” theme. Horses are both companions and workmates to the rangers. They are omnipresent, as are the bulls living in semi-liberty ranging over stretches of wilderness. A visit to a livestock farm makes for an original team-building activity.
What with horse-riding, cruising on the Rhône, visits to livestock farms, an introduction to the life of a ranger and relaxing on the beaches, Camargue offers a rich set of original incentive activities for exceptional seminars and trips.
Accommodation in Camargue
Given that the environment is protected in Camargue, the only hotels are small or medium establishments catering to the organisation of corporate events with fewer than a hundred guests, with one exception.
- A smart, 5-star establishment for small VIP groups (board meetings, trips for clients etc.) requiring a hotel offering luxury services
- A few charming inns of average capacity can host company seminars or incentive trips for approximately 60 guests.
- One large-capacity seminar hotel hosts large groups for conventions and seminars.
- For an all-natural trip, camping accommodation in Camargue is an original, exotic alternative for a seminar on an “adventure” theme.
Things to do in Camargue
Your seminar or incentive trip activities in Camargue will be geared around a nature theme, featuring horses and herding. An original team-building theme for an amazing trip!
- “Camargue games” (team building)
- Cruise on a barge on the Petit-Rhône or on the sea in a catamaran
- Camargue horse-riding
- Team-building activities on a farm, learning about the rangers’ work, sorting the bulls, branding the young bulls and the rules of Camargue bull racing
- Excursion on mountain bikes or in Land Rovers in Camargue exploring the Aigues-Mortes salt marshes
- Descending the Petit Rhône in Canoeing Kayak – (approx. 2½ hrs)
- Tour of Aigues-Mortes, a royal medieval city built by Saint Louis
- Exploring Fangassier lake, where the flamingos reproduce
- Tour of the Mas de Pin Fourcat estate in horse-drawn carriages or riding horses
- Bird watching at the ornithological park in Pont de Gau
Evening receptions in Camargue
Parties held during your seminar or incentive trip will be organised in pure Camargue tradition, Gipsy King style.
- Typical Camargue dinner outdoors round a bonfire
- Dinner in a foodie restaurant
- Party at a livestock farm, with gypsy music for entertainment
Organised by event agency PREFERENCE EVENTS
Arrival in the morning – Picnic outdoors – Seminar: Plenary meeting sessions – Dinner in an exclusively-booked inn
Safari on a livestock farm (exploring and Olympic games) - Lunch on site – Camargue games for team building: Bull-racing and mountain biking – Departure in horse-drawn carriages - Dinner and show in an exclusively-booked livestock farm featuring Gipsy Kings music then DJ entertainment. Night at the campsite, in double tents
Morning meetings: wrap-up of the seminar in Camargue - Lunch at the hotel - Departure of participants - End of trip to Camargue.