Event agency PREFERENCE EVENTS can organise your conventions and seminars in Saint-Malo, a destination simply brimming with character.
The city of brazen privateers, home to notorious French privateer Robert Surcouf, is sheltered by high walls from English onslaughts. Overlooking the sea with its high city walls, Saint Malo seems to have changed very little over the centuries. In fact it was partly destroyed during WWII, and very carefully rebuilt. The place is teeming with history, with narrow alleyways leading to Saint-Vincent cathedral and the Château built by the Dukes of Brittany. Outside the city walls, the Fort National, the Petit Bé fort, and Chateaubriand’s grave on Grand Bé island can be reached on foot when the tide is out. As a beach resort with its long Sillon beach, coming from a rich maritime tradition, Saint-Malo stands sternly facing out to sea.
Saint Malo is the ultimate nature and health destination for a seminar, on the Breton sea front. There’s bracing ocean air, bathing in cold water, some yachting and iodine-rich gastronomy including fish and seafood. The hinterland and the environs also feature treasures to be explored during your incentive trip or corporate event: Dinard and its casino, the village of Cancale and the wonders of the Mont-Saint-Michel.
There are top-quality hotels, including many 4- and 5-star establishments which can host events of average size: company seminars, board meetings, team-building trips etc.
Saint-Malo is the ideal setting to organise a seminar or incentive trip on a maritime theme.
Accommodation in Saint-Malo
Saint Malo has a few hotels suitable for organising events for medium-sized firms (seminars, board meetings, reward trips, incentives and team building).
- As a Belle Epoque luxury hotel in Dinard, the Grand Hôtel Dinard Barrière boasts interior decoration by Jacques Garcia (89 rooms) for prestigious seminars and stays.
- Several 4- and 5-star boast large rooms which are perfectly suitable for your seminars and conventions (Grand Hôtel des Thermes and Novotel).
- A few small charming hotels for small groups, board meetings, kick-off meetings etc.
Things to do in Saint-Malo
Saint Malo boasts many venues, museums and monuments to tour during your trip as well as a multitude of incentive activities which will appeal to the guests participating in your trip or corporate seminar:
- Regatta on racing yachts or an ancient sloop
- Excursion in dinghies
- Exploring the Mont-Saint-Michel
- Pirate rally
- Breton cookery classes: crêpes and Kouign-amann
- Calvados tasting session in a distillery
- Organisation of a team-building challenge inside the city walls
- Organisation of island Olympics.
Evening receptions in Saint-Malo
Receptions organised in Saint Malo can leverage its historic heritage or the sea. Your parties organised by Preference Events will be the highlight of your incentive trip, corporate seminar, board meeting etc.
- Dinner in the famous restaurant “La Mère Poularde”
- Party at the Dinard casino
- Pirates party on board an ancient sloop
- Organisation of a welcoming reception: Fish BBQ on an island beach
- Organisation of a dinner in a typically Breton stately home dating from the 17th century
- Organisation of a private dinner gala in the Abbey at the Mont-Saint-Michel
Organised by event agency PREFERENCE EVENTS
Late afternoon arrival at the hotel - Introduction to the seminar - Breton-style cocktail party with mini-crêpes - Dinner and reception at the Dinard casino
Seminar morning at the hotel - Lunch in a pancake house – Team-building activity: Pirate rally in Saint-Malo centre led by actors in period costume - Cider break - Back to the hotel in late afternoon – Fancy-dress party on a privateer theme: Departure from the hotel in a boat heading for an island - Welcome by a choir of Breton sailors - Fish barbecue for dinner - Party with dancing on the island beach
Seminar morning at the hotel - Late morning departure for the Mont-Saint-Michel - Lunch at “La Mère Poularde” - Guided tour of the Mont-Saint-Michel and the Abbey - Back to the hotel in late afternoon - Gala dinner on board an old sailing ship
Departure of participants - End of the trip to Saint Malo.