PREFERENCE EVENTS, event agency organises conventions, seminars and incentive trips for firms in versailles (paris region).
As the seat of the powerful French monarchy for an entire century before taking on symbolic status during the French revolution, Versailles is world-famous for its remarkable château and grounds, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site. It is an impressive destination, a must-visit in France, and the perfect setting for smart events. This former hunting lodge was built by Louis XIII then transformed into a monumental château by Mansart for Louis XIV, as a show of the “Sun King”’s prestige. People all over the world have been fascinated by both its beauty and history. With formal French gardens, vegetable garden, royal opera house, a total 67,000 sq.m were built in a mere 53 years!
Attracting over 4 million visitors a year, the town of Versailles was built as a luxurious backdrop to the palace, at the same time. It is a plush, pleasant place. Aside from the château, it boasts splendid historic and cultural heritage including Notre-Dame church, the Royal Chapel, Saint Louis cathedral and the queen’s stables. The Notre Dame market is one of the most beautiful in the Paris region, and the antique dealers’ district is a wonderful place for an excursion during your corporate seminars, conventions and board meetings.
Boasting significant hotel capacity, beauty tinged with nostalgia and avenues lined with smart town houses, Versailles is a destination with unique historic heritage, an ideal venue for a corporate event, whether you’re laying on a team-building day, an incentive trip, an in-house seminar or an impressive event.
Versailles, located 45 minutes from Paris, is a place where you can organise a single-day corporate event that’s out of the ordinary, without accommodation (Seminar or team-building day). A royal destination in the Paris region for a right royal corporate event!
Accommodation in Versailles
Versailles has a few suitable hotels for organising corporate events (seminars, board meetings, reward and incentive trips, or team building) and as well as a few establishments ideal for small groups such as board meetings :
- As a 5-star, premium luxury establishment, the Trianon Palace can host board meetings, VIP groups and smart events.
- A few 4-star chain hotels have facilities for seminars and conventions (including the Pullman, Holiday Inn and Novotel).
- Some charming hotels can host seminars for small groups (including Le Versailles and La Villa des Impressionnistes)
Things to do in Versailles
In Versailles, activities will naturally be geared around the city’s historic heritage. Some original incentive activities are also available.
- Tour of the Château de Versailles
- Tour of the Royal Tennis room, Saint-Louis cathedral, the King’s vegetable garden etc.
- Walking or Segway riding through the château grounds
- Organisation of a cycling rally in Vieux Versailles
- A scented tour of the Maison des Parfums
- Royal cookery lessons
- Organisation of a day on theme of “The Art of Living à la française”
Evening receptions in Versailles
Versailles literally boasts a setting fit for a king, perfect for organising prestigious parties and corporate receptions. Your receptions and dinners organised in Versailles by Preference Events will be the highlight of your trip, seminar or convention.
- Dinner with horse-riding show at the Versailles Academy of Equestrian Arts
- Illustrious reception at the Royal Opera House
- Foodie dinner in a Michelin-starred restaurant in the city
- Organisation of a typically French guinguette party
- Organisation of a party on a theme, e.g. “Marie-Antoinette”, “Revolution”
- Organisation of a smart gala dinner in a room of the Château de Versailles (Hall of Mirrors, Orangerie etc.)
Organised by event agency PREFERENCE EVENTS
Bus transfer: Late morning arrival of participants in Versailles – Introduction to the seminar - Lunch at the hotel – Incentive: "Enigmas at Court" treasure hunt in the Château gardens – Dinner in a foodie restaurant in the city
Seminar morning at the hotel – Typical French lunch in an 18th century apartment – “The King’s Scent" team building activity: teams make their own scent at the Maison des Parfums – Party on a “17th century ball” theme
Seminar morning at the hotel – End of the trip to Versailles.